Peer Review Procedure
All scientific papers submitted to the editorial office of the journal In the world of scientific discoveries are reviewed by applying aggressive peer reviewing, that is the double-blind peer review method (the identities of the author(s) and reviewers are kept unknown).
1. Submitted articles are reviewed by members of the editorial board as well as leading experts in the correspondent sphere of knowledge both from Russia and abroad as external reviewers. It is the editor-in-chief who makes the decision concerning selection of a reviewer for a particular article. The review period is 2-4 weeks, but it can be extended at the request of the reviewer.
2. The reviewer is entitled to refuse from performing the peer review in case there is a conflict of interests of any kind that may affect evaluation of the manuscript. Upon the evaluation, the reviewer is expected to present the editorial board with one of the following recommendations (any reviewer’s opinion is to be substantiated):
- to accept the submitted manuscript as it is;
- to invite the author to revise their manuscript to address specific concerns before final decision is made;
- to suggest final decision be made following further reviewing by another specialist;
- to reject the manuscript outright.
3. In case the reviewer has recommended any refinements, then the editorial board is to send the author a request either to implement the corrections or dispute them reasonably. Authors are kindly required to limit their revision to 2 months and resubmit the adapted manuscript within this period for final evaluation.
4. We politely request that the editorial board be notified verbally or in writing should the author decide to refuse from publishing the manuscript. In case the author fails to do so within 3 months since receiving a copy of the initial review, then the editorial board is to take the manuscript off the register and notifies the author accordingly.
5. Should the author(s) and reviewers meet insoluble contradictions regarding the manuscript, then the editorial board is entitled to forward the manuscript for further reviewing. In case there is a conflict, then the editor-in-chief is to resolve the conflict at the panel session of the editorial board.
6. The editorial board reaches final decision to reject a manuscript at the panel session according to reviewers’ recommendations and duly notifies the author(s) of their decision via e-mail. The editorial board does not accept a previously rejected manuscript for re-evaluation.
7. Upon the decision to accept the manuscript for publishing, the editorial board notifies the author(s) of the scheduled date of publication.
8. Original reviews of submitted manuscripts remain deposited for 5 years.
9. Copies of reviews or substantiated rejections are submitted to authors of the manuscripts by the editorial board. Copies of reviews are also to be submitted to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation upon receiving a corresponding request.